Some days everyone could use a little pick-me-up… and sometimes the perfect pick-me-up is chocolate! Get creative with how you incorporate the sweet treat into your daily routine with a few wintry ideas below.
Edible, Snowy Chocolate Pinecones
Makes 6 Servings
3 Cups of Chocolate Fiber One Cereal or Chex Chocolate Cereal
6 Pretzel Rods
½ Cup Peanut Butter
¼ Cup Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
3 Tablespoons Butter, softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
Additional ¼ Cup for Dusting on Top
- Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, butter and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Mold some of the mixture around a pretzel rod, forming a shape similar to a cone.
- Use the top of the pretzel rod as a handle and start sticking pieces of the cereal into the mixture in a symmetrical pattern.
- Stagger the cereal pieces as you move upward.
- For smaller pieces at the top, break the cereal apart. Note: If the pinecone is too tall, break off the top of the pretzel rod and add some of the mixture to the top so no remaining pretzel is showing.
- Dust the final product with the powdered sugar for a snowy effect.
- Repeat steps 2-6 to create each pinecone.
For more info, visit AMittenFullOfSavings.com.
Hot Chocolate Science
What You’ll Need:
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Baking Soda
- Pitcher (something to pour from)
Mix up your day with a little science. In the bottom of the mug, put the baking soda (about ¼ cup) and then add the powdered hot chocolate mix. Now, here comes the fun: vinegar. Experiment with pouring different amounts of vinegar into the mug to see how much and how high you can make the mix bubble. It’d be good to have a plate or towel underneath the mug in case your kids prove experts at bubbles. Note: Do not let the kids drink this. It’s just for fun.
For more info, visit FantasticFunAndLearning.com.