Super Camp Fair 2015 Wrapup
A taste of summer in between snowstorms
Phew, we dodged a snow bullet! The wacky winter weather broke just long enough for MetroKids to throw our biggest, best-attended Super Camp Fair ever.
The 7th annual event, held this past Sunday at the Conshohocken Marriott, attracted 68 day, residential and specialty camps and 400+ guests, families of all shapes, sizes and ages looking to find that perfect camp fit for summer 2015.
As our guests spent time speaking with camp directors and comparing notes from booth to booth, the kids got to sample some truly great camp activities. For example?
- They communed with wildlife. The Philadelphia Zoo brought a ball python and a kestrel falcon, while Riverbend Enviromental Education Center introduced a friendly box turtle.
- There was bean-bag tossing at Camp Onas and Willow Grove Day Camp.
- Kids made s'mores with Ramah, faux-spider bug boxes with Miquon Day Camp, homemade Play-Doh with Science Explorers and stick lips and mustaches with the Handwork Studio.
- Guests vied for camp scholarships from the Sixers Camps, Camp Tao and several other booths.
- There were free pretzels from Philly Pretzel Factory, photo-booth shots from Groove LLC and caricatures from Mr. David C. Perry (who closed the place down; the line was that long!).
Speaking of giveaways, kids all left with our famous goodie bags, assembled by age and gender. This year, they were filled with the following products from our generous sponsors:
- MerryMakers' A Ball for Daisy stuffed animal
- CD selections from The Peculiar Tales of the S.S. Bungalow, the Big World Audio Theater that MK music guru Kathy O'Connell raves about this issue.
- Giant Microbes' stuffed germs
- K'Nex Toys' Angry Birds
- Blue and Orange Games' Spot It!
- Dowling Magnets' bookmark
- Winning Moves Games' 300-piece puzzles
- Duncan's yoyo keychain
Were you there? Check out the gallery below to see if you made our pics. Miss the big day? All our camp info can be found on our ongoing virtual camp fair. Click here and start planning for summer!