- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free alternative
- 3 Gala or Fuji apples, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans, chopped, or sunflower seeds
- ½ orange, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 ½ cups fresh cranberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and melt it in the preheating oven.
In a large bowl, place apple cubes. Add the raisins, pecans (if not tolerated, use the sunflower seeds), orange pieces, brown sugar, cider, lemon juice, ginger, and cloves. Stir to combine well.
Pour the mixture into the melted butter in the hot baking dish, spreading it in an even layer.
Place the mixture in the oven and bake for 1 hour uncovered, stirring every 15 minutes.
Stir cranberries into the baked mixture and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the cranberries soften and the chutney thickens.
Pour into a chunky glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to bring to the table in one of your prettiest dishes.