FREE Museum Day
The Academy of Natural Sciences in Phila.
Plan a museum trip on Sat., Sept. 25, when attractions nationwide offer FREE admission to visitors during the Smithsonian’s annual Museum Day. You must present an official ticket upon entering each museum that is good for free general admission for two people per household. The
tickets are available for download at www.smithsonian.com/museumday.
Participating Delaware Valley attractions include:
• Abington Art Center, Jenkintown
• The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia
• The African American Museum in Philadelphia
• Biggs Museum of American Art, Dover (free admission offered every day)
• Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford
• Bucks County Civil War Library & Museum, Doylestown
• Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington
• Delaware Historical Society, Wilmington
• Delaware Museum of Natural History, Wilmington
• The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia
• Glencairn Museum, Bryn Athyn
• Hagley Museum & Library, Wilmington
• Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia
• Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia
• Iron Hill Museum, Newark
• The Lewes Historical Society, Lewes
• National Liberty Museum, Philadelphia
• Old Swedes Church-Hendrickson House Museum, Wilmington
• Pearl S. Buck House, Perkasie
• Penn Museum, Philadelphia
• Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia
• Rosenbach Museum & Library, Philadelphia
• Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Swarthmore
Visit the Smithsonian website for a complete list of participating museums.
Stephanie Halinski is calendar editor of MetroKids.