Remember to discuss art museum etiquette with your kids ahead of your visit. Here are some pointers, courtesy of the Michener Museum in Doylestown, PA.
• Look, don’t touch. We cannot touch the artwork because over time, the oils on our hands would destroy the art.
• Don’t lean against or climb on walls, pedestals, sculptures or buildings.
• No running or shouting in the galleries. Polite behavior is always necessary. Other visitors are in the galleries.
• No gum or food in the galleries.
• No flash cameras. The light from a camera flash is bright, and over time, would be harmful to a piece of artwork.