When and where to pick & what to make with berries
Blackberries: Through August
Blueberries: Through August
Raspberries: Through late September
Pick Your Own at Local Farms:
Click on a farm for address, Google map and contact information.
Highland Orchards (West Chester, PA) all berries • Indian Orchards (near Media, PA) all berries • Linvilla Orchards (Media, PA) blueberries & raspberries • Penn-Vermont Fruit Farm (Bedminster, PA) raspberries • Shady Brook Farm (Yardley, PA) blueberries & blackberries • Solebury Orchards (New Hope) blueberries & blackberries • Styer Orchard (Langhorne) blackberries • Tabora Farm & Orchard (Chalfont, PA) blueberries • Weaver's Orchard (Morgantown, PA) all berries
Haines Berry Farm (Pemberton, NJ) blueberries • Johnson's Corner Farm (Medord, NJ) blueberries • Mood's Farm Market (Mullica Hill, NJ) all berries • Reeve’s Berries (New Lisbon, NJ) blueberries • Terhune Orchards (Princeton, NJ) blueberries & blackberries • Wells' Blueberry Farm (Southampton, NJ) blueberries
Blueberry Blast Smoothie
½ cup vanilla yogurt
½ cup milk
1 cup blueberries, frozen
2 tsp. honey
1. Put all ingredients in a blender; blend until combined and frothy.
2. Serve immediately.
Blueberry Crumb Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
4 cups fresh blueberries
1⁄2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. orange or lemon juice
1⁄2 cup flour
1⁄2c up brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Place pie crust into pie pan and crimp edges as desired.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients gently.
4. Pour evenly into pie plate.
5. Combine flour and sugar for topping and cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
6. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
7. Bake for 40-50 mins. until filling starts to bubble and crust is lightly browned. Cover edges with foil if crust is browning too quickly.