When and where to pick & what to make with apples
August through November
Pick Your Own at Local Farms:
Click on a farm for address, Google map and contact information.
Highland Orchards (West Chester, PA) • Indian Orchards (Media, PA)
Linvilla Orchards (Media, PA) • The Market at DelVal (Doylestown, PA)
Penn-Vermont Fruit Farm (Bedminster, PA) • Shady Brook Farm (Yardley, PA)
Solebury Orchards (New Hope, PA) • Solly's Farm (Warminster, PA)
Styer Orchard (Langhorne, PA) • Weaver's Orchard (Morgantown, PA)
Duffield's Farm Market (Sewell, NJ) • Hill Creek Farms (Mullica Hill, NJ)
Johnson's Corner Farm (Medford, NJ) • Mood's Farm Market (Mullica Hill, NJ)
Russo's Orchard Lane Farm (Chesterfield, NJ) • Strawberry Hill Farm (Chesterfield, NJ)
Tabora Farm & Orchard (Princeton, NJ)
Microwave Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
½ cup half-and-half
½ cup water
¼ cup apple juice
1 to 2 small apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
2⁄3 cup rolled oats
3 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Milk or light cream
1. Place half-and-half, water, apple juice, chopped apples, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir with a spoon.
2. Microwave on high and cook until thickened and bubbly, removing one or two times to stir.
3. Divide into two bowls.
4. Serve hot or warm, topped with milk or light cream and sprinkled with more brown sugar if desired.
10 white or wheat tortillas
16 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2-3 crisp apples, cored and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. butter
1. Lay each tortilla on a plate in turn, and sprinkle cheese on one half.
2. Layer apple slices on top of the cheese, and fold the plain side of the tortilla over the fillings.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter in the pan and cook each quesadilla until the golden brown.
4 McIntosh apples, peeled and chopped
1 Tbs. brown sugar, or to taste
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Place apple pieces in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave until softened, about 4 minutes.
2. Transfer to a food processor, add brown sugar and cinnamon
& purée until desired consistency.