Host a Holiday Cookie Swap
(page 1 of 2)
It can be difficult to find time to bake cookies and other homemade goodies for the holidays. To lighten the workload, consider hosting a cookie swap.
How it works
Each cookie swap guest makes a large batch (say, 5 or 6 dozen) of a favorite cookie recipe for the party and also brings a large container for taking cookies home. At the swap, attendees divide the cookies (except their own) evenly among themselves. Everyone goes home with an assortment of delicious treats, having saved the time it would’ve taken to make the same variety individually.
- Some hosts choose to set a few parameters, including:
- Each baker must bring copies of her cookie recipe for the other guests.
- Cookies must be homemade and holiday themed.
- No-bakes or basic varieties like chocolate chip are discouraged.
To jazz things up, add other events to the the cookie swap, such as:
- A beer, wine or ornament swap
- A sugar cookie decorating station
- An ugly sweater contest
See page 2 for an easy holiday cookie recipe.