Calendar Criteria & Submission Info
Thank you for your interest in submitting an event to the MetroKids calendar! Here is information to help you get started. Once you have reviewed our criteria, click here to post your event. You will be prompted to create an account to access the form.
We DO post in the calendar:
• Events and programs for kids and families occurring within the greater Philadelphia area, Southern New Jersey and in the state of Delaware.
• All events must be open to the public.
We do NOT post in the calendar:
• business/shopping promotions
• support group meetings*
• classes, open houses or retail open houses
• sports leagues
• general listings for attractions open every day
*Though regularly running support group meetings are not included in the calendar of events, you may e-mail information on your group so we can include your group's information in a separate parenting support directory on our website. Please e-mail email@example.com for more info.
We encourage you to attach a hi-res photo or image that we can consider running with your event listing in the print magazine and/or online. By submitting a photo to MetroKids:
• you agree that you hold the copyright and/or proper permissions from the photographer and model releases, and
• you allow MetroKids permission to publish the photo online, in print, e-newsletters or other media.
Photo credits can be included in the event form or e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review all classes submissions on a case-by-case basis, with consideration to cost, registration requirements and their uniqueness. In general, we do not include ongoing programs that require a substantial fee and/or the individual to commit to attending consecutive weeks.
Send Us Your Press Releases!
We encourage you to e-mail us additional information on your event, so that we can consider it as a highlighted item on our website or in the print edition of MetroKids. Please e-mail press releases and photos to email@example.com.
• Calendar listings are free editorial coverage. Listings are subject to approval by an editor. Events posted may be edited for content clarity, style and/or brevity. We do not guarantee that we will publish any event.
• All information that is included in the fields on the Submit An Event form is subject to publication. Do not include any personal contact information when filling out the form that you would not like made public.
• Calendar listings posted online are reviewed for the print edition of MetroKids. You do not need to submit your event separately for consideration for the print magazine. However, it’s possible not all events posted online will appear in the print edition of MetroKids, due to space constraints.
• If you would like to promote events that do not qualify for our calendar listings, but feel they are geared toward MetroKids’ audience of readers, please consider placing a paid advertisement. For more info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you and including your events in MetroKids! Feel free to contact email@example.com or call 215-291-5560, ext. 101 with any questions.