Oct 29, 2012
Stream of consciousness: cozy and safe
This was my Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five-ish minutes of your time and a brain dump.
What makes you feel cozy and safe?
If I get all deep I would say a fat bank account, bills paid and knowing that I have a little financial wiggle room. But I don't want to be all deep so here are things that make me feel cozy:
The Cat Blanket. This is a blanket I have had over 20 years. Ots warm and thick and has, well, cats on it. I love snuggling under it as I watch TV, read a book or sit with The Bee.
The Bee snuggling with me. Now that she is a tween there are rules that change sdaily about our interactions but I can always bet that there will be a time when she will comes over, wrap her legs around mine and tell me all about her day, what she is thinking about, ask me about mine.
A warm cuppa. I loves me some Joe (coffee) but something about a cup of tea calls warmth. Maybe its the action of the kettle, the whistle, the bustling of bags and honey. The selection: vanilla, chai, lemon, orange, berries...what are you in the mood for?
The Pooh sweatshirt. I know people (my cousin!) hate it bit I love the think sweatshirt, the way it fits and wraps me like a hug.
Squishy socks. Oh yes, Thick, warm socks hat invite crazy sliding around the floor and house.
Lil. My kitty who likes to insert herself around everything and everywhere and purr as she gets comfortable.
Time! Wow (cause I am totally amazed at myself!) my typing skills have gotten better! Look at how much I got done in five minutes!!!! *Pops collar and pimp walks away from computer*
Want to try Stream of Consciousness Sunday? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw. (See above)
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post. (Click the badge to the right to go to the site!)
- Link up your post on Jana's site.
- Visit the other bloggers and show some love.
What's your go tos for cozy and warm?
Rachée Fagg is a Delaware County, PA mom. This post was adapted from her blog, Say It Rah-shay.