Shredded Chicken Tacos
A Crock-Pot recipe
I love the Crock-Pot. As a busy parent I need to make the most of the little time I have each day to prepare a healthy meal for my family. That means I use the Crock-Pot a few times a week to make my life easier. One of my favorite things to cook in the Crock-Pot is pulled chicken. With pulled chicken you can make BBQ chicken sandwiches or shredded chicken for tacos, enchiladas or to use with a casserole.
This recipe is for shredded chicken tacos. It is so easy and makes a ton, so you can freeze the extras to use for nachos, enchiladas, pizzas, casseroles – you name it.
- 1 - 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 8oz of enchilada sauce
- Place all the ingredients into your Crock-Pot and let simmer on low for 7 - 8 hours, until they are cooked through.
- When finished, take the breasts out of the pot and shred with 2 forks.
- After shredding, place back into the Crock-Pot until you are ready to assemble your tacos.
For the tacos you can use soft or hard shells and any sort of toppings you like. For these tacos we used Garden of Eatin' Blue Corn Taco Shells, which everyone loved. Be creative and let your children build their own tacos by setting up a taco bar. When you make eating fun everyone is happy and full at the end of dinner!
Trina O'Boyle is a Drexel Hill, PA mom of two boys. This post is adapted from her blog, O'Boy Organic.