At-Home Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
These mini quiches are a great appetizer before dinner, for taking to a moms' playgroup or for when unexpected guests come over. You don't need to run to the grocery store to find ingredients; you probably have these staples in your fridge at home most days. My kids LOVE them, and they are easy to reheat and also to take on the go!
|1 1⁄4 cup||Stonyfield organic reduced fat milk|
|2⁄3 cup||shredded cheddar cheese|
|4 slices||whole wheat bread|
|1 pinch||black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut out small circles of whole wheat bread in size of muffin-pan bottom. You can get about 3-4 circles per slice of bread. I use a dipping-sauce trivet that matches in size as a guide.
- Line bottom of muffin pan with whole wheat bread circles.
- Cook bacon and cut into small pieces; divide equally between muffin cups.
- Combine eggs, milk, cheddar cheese and pepper in a mixing bowl and combine with wire wisk.
- Pour mixture over bacon in the muffin pans.
- Cook in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow quiches to set for 2 minutes and remove carefully from pan.
Serve hot. Yields 12.
You will need a 12-count ceramic muffin pan; it does not need to be lined or greased. If you do not use ceramic baking pans, a nonstick metal or lined metal pan can substitute.
You can also find my recipe on the Stonyfield website here for more information about yogurt and product substitutions. Enjoy!