May 11, 2011
Free Museums for Military Families This Summer
From Memorial Day (May 30) through Labor Day, several area museums are among 1,000 nationwide that will offer free admission to active duty military personnel and up to five immediate family members.
Sponsored by the National Endowment of the Arts and Blue Star Families, the Blue Star Museum program is available to families with military ID, including a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card.
Local museums participating in the program include:
• The Academy of Natural Sciences, Phila.
• American Helicopter Museum & Education Center, West Chester
• The Barnes Foundation, Merion
• Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford
• Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington
• Delaware Children’s Museum, Wilmington
• Delaware Museum of Natural History, Wilmington
• Eastern State Penitentiary, Phila.
• Fonthill Castle and Mercer Museum, Doylestown
• Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington
• Michener Art Museum, Doylestown
• Newlin Grist Mill, Glen Mills
• Penn Museum, Phila.
• Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Phila.
• Philadelphia Museum of Art
• Please Touch Museum, Phila.
• Winterthur Museum & Garden, Winterthur
• Wyck Historic House and Garden, Phila.
For more information and a list of all participating museums, visit www.arts.gov/bluestarmuseums